the statue of Boulton, Watt and Murdoch, nicknamed 'The Golden Boys' or 'The Carpet Salesmen'. It is the work of William Bloye, formerly head of sculpture at Birmingham School of Art and was unveiled in 1956, although preliminary designs were drawn up in 1938. Broad Street, Birmingham. Ferris Wheel.
Photo ID: 26IY0110-79
Ian Yates/Images of Birmingham
Photo size: 21.0 Mpixels (60.2 MB uncompressed) - 5616x3744 pixels (18.7x12.4 in / 47.5x31.7 cm at 300 ppi)
Photo keywords: birmingham, boulton watt murdoch, broad street, centenary square, city centre, england, ferris wheel, gold, night, statue, west midlands